- We strive to provide complete care for dogs, cats, birds, poultry, reptiles, amphibians, exotic companion mammals and mini pigs. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Posted on 09-19-2017
Dates in September that Your Veterinarian in Magnolia, TX, Wants to Share with You
Every month, there are a number of dates that celebrate certain things and attempt to bring awareness to others. Here at Paws to Claws Veterinary Care, your veterinarian in Magnolia, TX, we want to share a list of these dates for the month of September. Some are fun, some are sad, and many are enlightening.
The month of September is acknowledged in its entirety in several ways:
- Animal Pain Awareness Month seeks to acknowledge and manage pain in our pets.
- Responsible Dog Ownership Month surrounds the AKC concept of Responsible Dog Ownership Days, which encourage demonstrations of various safety, health, and responsibility concerns surrounding dog ownership by organizations across the country.
- National Disaster Preparedness Month encourages everyone to make a plan for disaster that includes their pets.
- National Service Dog Month supports and acknowledges the capable canines who help people with physical and mental disabilities live their lives fully.
- Catalyst Council's Happy Cat Month promotes awareness of feline health and happiness, as well as offering online materials to help cats enjoy life.
- National Food Safety Education Month is a human-oriented event, but pet owners can help their animals stay healthy by educating themselves on the nutritional needs and safety concerns regarding that species' food and treats.
Dates To Remember
Certain dates in September are singled out as particularly important:
- September 4th is National Wildlife Day
- September 8th is National Iguana Awareness Day
- September 10th is National Pet Memorial Day
- September 22nd is National Elephant Appreciation Day
- September 24th-30th is National Deaf Dog Awareness Week
- September 24th-30th is Sea Otter Awareness Week
- September 24th-30th is National Farm Safety & Health Week
- September 28th is National Teach Ag Day
- September 28th is World Rabies Day
Paws to Claws Veterinary Care Encourages You to Celebrate Special Dates in September with Your Pet
Think of these dates as reminders to consider the health, safety, and happiness of your pets. If you need any help managing these things for your pet, Paws to Claws Veterinary Care, your veterinarian in Magnolia, TX, is here to assist. We can be reached at (281) 356-2384 for help with all sorts of pets, including dogs, cats, reptiles, pocket pets, and birds.
What will you be doing to acknowledge one or more of these events?
There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.